The Super Bowl

Jonathan Park, Reporter

September 4, 2014, was the first day of the 49th NFL season. After twenty weeks of the NFL season, it finally has come down to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the most watched program in America. About 111.5 million people watched the Super Bowl last year. Last year’s game involved the Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos. The Seahawks destroyed the Broncos by thirty-five points with the final score of 43-8. This year, the Seattle Seahawks are going to the Superbowl for the second time in a row. On February 1, 2015, the Super Bowl will be held at the University of Phoenix, and the Seahawk’s opponent will be the New England Patriots. Both of the teams have a record of twelve wins and four losses with a surprising story of how they both got into the Super Bowl.

For the NFC Championship, the Green Bay Packers were positioned against the Seattle Seahawks. The Green Bay Packers were consistently intercepting the ball from the Seahawks, and they were dominating the game for the first three and a half quarters. On the fifth minute in the fourth quarter, the Packers were beating the Seahawks 19-7. With five minutes remaining, the Seahawks pulled a miracle and scored two touchdowns. Because of the two touchdowns, the Packers and the Seahawks went into overtime. In overtime, the Seahawks scored another touchdown by having a long pass. “I think that may be one of the best games in NFL history, just to be able to come back in the playoffs like that and in overtime. I can’t see a much better game than that,” said Russell Wilson, quarterback of the Seahawks.

On January 18, 2015, on the same day as the Seahawk’s game, the New England Patriots played against the Indianapolis Colts for the AFC championship. Although New England controlled the game with a win of 45-7, the Patriots were accused of cheating during the game. Patriots were accused of deflating the football during the game. A deflated ball could increase a player’s ability to catch the ball. The NFL has been debating if the Patriots should go to the Super Bowl or not. For now, the Patriots are planning to go to the Super Bowl.

Tune in Sunday, February 1, 2015, at 6:30pm to see what happens when the Patriots and the Seahawks compete for the Super Bowl title.

• The Super Bowl

Showcase

Giants Off to Slow Start After a Killer Last Year

• The Super Bowl

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

• The Super Bowl

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

• The Super Bowl

Showcase

Penny Wars!

• The Super Bowl

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

• The Super Bowl

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

• The Super Bowl

Checked

Homework Load Article

• The Super Bowl

News

Neil Gorsuch

• The Super Bowl

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

• The Super Bowl

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Spirit Week

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
The Super Bowl