Panthers QB: Officials Are “taking the fun out of the game”

Alexander Cox, Reporter

Cam Newton stated on Sunday that he would take his grievance with no-calls to commissioner Roger Goodell.
“It’s really taking the fun out of the game for me– honestly, it really is,” Newton said. “At times, I don’t even feel safe. Enough is enough. I plan on talking to Commissioner Goodell about this. It’s not fun, and I don’t know what I have to do.” Newton claimed his breaking point came in the second half of the Panther’s game on Sunday when he took a hard shot to the knees.
The reigning MVP, Newton, Later said that the NFL also has to be more fun in the fact that players should be allowed to express themselves more after receiving criticism for his celebrations. “I really can’t talk on their ratings,” Newton said Tuesday as he prepared for a Thursday night game against the Saints. “But in some way, shape, form or fashion, we are entertainers. Our influence ranks second-to-none at this time of the year.” Newton expressed himself more than any player in the league last year. His “Dab” after touchdown runs spread throughout the country. He is not sure if he will continue to dab the rest of the season because he said it “retired” after the 2015 season. Newton wants the league to allow more celebrating. He is not a fan of the excessive celebration rule. Newton grew up in Atlanta watching cornerback Deion “Prime Time” Sanders, known for high-stepping and showboating after big plays. Newton watched the Monday night game between the New York Giants And Cincinnati Bengals just to see what wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. would do after a touchdown. Beckham did his version of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Newton began softly singing the lyrics to the song as he described it.
“Football is hard, man,” Newton said. “I can’t stress it enough. The way my body feels right now is not going to be the same way it feels come Thursday. Now I’m sore, but still knowing that Thursday I gotta give everything. And if scoring a touchdown, getting a sack, getting a win … let alone all of that bottled up and staying here until 10 at night and here at 6 in the morning, all of that energy that you put, spending time away from your family, all of that bottled up and being able to do exactly what you planned and foresaw yourself doing, you are owed something.” “So when you come out in blue cleats or white cleats, gold cleats, whatever cleats … When you come out and do a certain dance, people are watching,” Newton said. “And when you nuke that, I wouldn’t say the ratings may get affected. I don’t know what you can determine to that.”
Football brings a lot of people together and when they come to see the game they come to see the excitement. The former MVP wants players to bring that excitement to the game of football.

• Panthers QB: Officials Are “taking the fun out of the game”

Showcase

Giants Off to Slow Start After a Killer Last Year

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

Showcase

Penny Wars!

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

Checked

Homework Load Article

News

Neil Gorsuch

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Spirit Week

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School