The Fisher Family Tragedy

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Fisher Family Tragedy

Julia Cooper and William Helm

Carrie Fisher died on December 27, 2016 at 8:55 pm, just two after Christmas Day, while on a flight from LAX to London, England. She was 60 years old when she suffered from a heart attack while 36,000 feet in the air. She was in the hit movies Star Wars, as well as When Harry Met Sally…, The ‘Burbs, Under The Rainbow, Shampoo, Hollywood Vice Squad, just to name a few, as well as on the hit television show, Family Guy. Just before her death, Fisher wrote a novel called The Princess Diarist about her time while filming Star Wars, and other behind the secrets, like Fisher’s affair with her co-star, Harrison Ford while filming the second movie. This is her third book.  She wrote two books about her struggle with depression and substance abuse.  They were called Postcards from the Edge, and Wishful Drinking, which were later both turned into movies.

Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher’s mother was so heart-broken and distressed when her beloved daughter died that she suffered of a heart attack just one day later on December 28, 2016. She was 84 years old when she died. She had two children, Carrie and Todd Fisher. Debbie Reynolds was in hit movies Singin’ in the Rain, Tammy and the Bachelor, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, How the West was Won, The Singing Nun, Behind the Candelabra, One for the Money, The Tender Trap, Bundle of Joy, Goodbye Charlie, Charlotte’s Web, Return to Halloweentown, Meet me in Las Vegas, This Happy Feeling, Mr. Imperium, and Connie and Carla. She was a well-known actress, and this is a really sad blow to the world of American classic movies.
As readers are doubt aware, both of them will not be able to make movies, but for all of the Star Wars fans out there, no need to worry because Fisher finished all of her acts in the new Star Wars movie so they will carry on making it, and LUCASFILM™ might’ve made the character die, just like Han Solo in The Force Awakens. Although that is true, everyone will miss their contributions to the world of art and entertainment.

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

Showcase

Giants Off to Slow Start After a Killer Last Year

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

Showcase

Penny Wars!

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

Checked

Homework Load Article

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

News

Neil Gorsuch

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

• The Fisher Family Tragedy

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Spirit Week

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
The Fisher Family Tragedy