Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Snowboarding and skiing are two winter sports that many people enjoy They both are fun, but which one is the more liked? We did some research on the opinions of students in Morrow House and here are a few opinions on it:

Keren Mandelzis has been snowboarding for 7 years and without question thinks that snowboarding is superior to skiing! She said snowboarding is less dangerous than skiing because skis can sometimes get tangled and harm the skier. Also, the ski poles can get stuck under the skis causing  the skier to trip. However, in snowboarding it is harder to flip over because there is nothing under your board besides the snow. Snowboarders do get injured more but their injuries  are 33% more likely to be less fatal. Slushy snow is not easy and good for skiing whereas snowboarders love slushy snow because it is one of the best conditions a snowboarder can ride on. Snowboarding is harder to start but easier to master. Snowboarding is exciting and fun and I would recommend it for all ages!

Sami Rowbottom has been skiing for 7 years and is thinks that skiing is way better than snowboarding! She said, for one thing, you have more control because your feet are separate unlike snowboarding, when your feet are stuck together on one board. Also, when you snowboard it is easier for your board to get stuck in the snow. Snowboards are more slippery and harder to deal with on ice. If skiers are moving around they just use their poles to speed up unlike snowboarders who have to hop around. Sometimes you even have to take off your board because the hopping is a lot of work. Even though snowboarding injuries are less likely to be fatal, they are much more common than ski injuries. We also found that many people haven’t snowboarded before because they are scared. This indicates that more people are afraid to even try snowboarding.

We sent out a form asking if you, the students, prefer skiing or snowboarding. It went from equal, to skiing being more popular for a little while then back to equal. The final result of the poll stated that skiing it the more popular. Although many people chose snowboarding, skiing came out on top as expected. Skiing had a percentage had a percentage of 61.8% (42 people) while snowboarding had 22.1% (15 people). This is only 68 students out of about 200 students in Morrow House.  This poll gives us an insight on the snow sport activities that students do during the winter.

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Showcase

Giants Off to Slow Start After a Killer Last Year

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Showcase

Penny Wars!

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

Checked

Homework Load Article

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

News

Neil Gorsuch

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

• Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Spirit Week

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
Are You a Snowboarder or a Skier?