NHL Trade Tracker

The NHL trade deadline has come and gone. Many trades have been made and teams have bought and sold players, but I’m going to list a couple of the bigger trades.

Kevin Shattenkirk to the Capitals. Who expected that. All offseason the Rangers were trying to get him, and it was obvious that during the trade deadline the Rangers were going to get him. It was a surprise that he went to the Capitals. The Capitals already have a stacked team including Alex Ovechkin, TJ Oshie, Braden Holtby and John Carlson. They have three good defensmen, and needed to add another one to go with Matt Niskanen. It was established after that trade that the Blues are sellers, and the Capitals are buyers.

The Red Wings gave away players. They gave away one of their top defensmen to the Rangers, Brandon Smith. Smith has had a solid year. He can do it all, scoring, fighting and he is a key player on the power play. They also traded Steve Ott to the Canadiens. He is an enforcer who fights and defends the young guys. However, without him, I think that the Red Wings will play a little scared. Finally, they traded goal scorer Thomas Vanek to the Panthers. The Panthers definitely need a goal scorer like him, but the Red Wings need one too, as they are in last place. The Red Wings traded all of these people for draft picks. In my opinion, this is not a good deal.

Viktor Stalberg to the Senators. This wasn’t the best deal for the Hurricanes Since they are struggling, they decided to sell or trade one of their top goal scorers. On the other hand, the Senators are doing great this year, and with Viktor they should have a high seed for the playoffs. Overall this is a good deal for the Senators.
These are my opinions on some of the top trades. Some teams, such as the Colorado Avalanche, chose not to trade. The GM Joe Sakic said that he likes his team, even though they have already clinched last place. What do you think about these trades?

• NHL Trade Tracker

Showcase

Giants Off to Slow Start After a Killer Last Year

• NHL Trade Tracker

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

• NHL Trade Tracker

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

• NHL Trade Tracker

Showcase

Penny Wars!

• NHL Trade Tracker

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

• NHL Trade Tracker

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

• NHL Trade Tracker

Checked

Homework Load Article

• NHL Trade Tracker

News

Neil Gorsuch

• NHL Trade Tracker

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

• NHL Trade Tracker

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Spirit Week

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
NHL Trade Tracker