Ligue 1’s Best Team

Johnathan Kae, Reporter

The Ligue 1 is the French soccer league. It contains some of the best soccer players in the world, such as Thiago Silva, Radamel Falcao, Edinson Cavani, and many more. For the past four years,”PSG” (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.) have been the champions of the league. Currently, PSG are standing in second place. The current first place team is “AS Monaco”. They are playing very well not only in Ligue 1 but in the Champions League, beating Manchester City by away goals. I personally believe that the best team in the Ligue 1 is Monaco, as they have a lot of young talent, great leaders, and have been successful in other leagues.

AS Monaco has a great bunch of talented young players. Most of the team’s roster hasn’t reached the age of 24. Although they are young they have been showing signs of greatness. Players like Tiemoué Bakayoko, Fabinho, Thomas Lemar, Kylian Mbappé, Benjamin Mendy, and Bernardo Silva have already received big time contracts and great players such as Messi has requested to play with some of them. For example, Tiemoue Bakayoko has received a contract from Chelsea for 32 million pounds ($39,590,400.00) and Lionel Messi has asked Luis Enrique to acquire Bernardo Silva. Young talent has always been good for teams, for a team always needs young players for the future when they grow to unleash their full capabilities.   

However, Monaco’s young players can rely on players full of experience such as, Radamel Falcao, and João Moutinho. Falcao was dominating defenders in his time with Atletico Madrid, scoring 54 goals in total and 28 in his second and last year. João Moutinho used to be known as one of the world’s best midfielder, excelling in passing and dribbling. These veterans can help the youngsters learn more things every day. Most of the young players such as Kylian Mbappé and Bernardo Silva have the same qualities that Falcao and Moutinho have. Every person needs to have an older person sharing their knowledge with them. “My feeling on therapy is it’s a luxury, and if you’re fortunate enough to get some smart people to talk to about life, then that’s fortunate and you should go for it.” – Matthew Perry.

Thirdly, Monaco look like they should be the number 1 team in the Ligue 1 from their success in other leagues. For example, Monaco has recently knocked out the Premier League club, Manchester City. They have also recently knocked out German goal scoring machines, Borussia Dortmund in the quarterfinals of the playoffs. They are going to face the Italian powerhouse, Juventus in the Semi-finals of the champions league in two weeks. Monaco has also been successful in the Coupe de la Ligue, losing 4:1 to PSG in the finals. Monaco also has reached the semi-finals of the Coupe de France waiting to face PSG again for the finals. Monaco is proving time and time again that they can beat good clubs in the playoffs.

Monaco is the best team in the Ligue 1 because of their young talent, veterans, and success in other leagues. In a few years, this team could be recognized for their domination just like the 1998-1999 Manchester United team, 2008-2009 FC Barcelona, 2009-2010 Inter Milan, and many more amazing teams.

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

News

Relics of Narcissism and Narcotics Cease in Panama

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

EMH Swaggy Shoes of the Week

Fidget Spinner’s Growing Popularity

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

News

New York City Drunk Driver

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

News

Yale Graduate Student Teachers Go On Hunger Strike

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

Showcase

Penny Wars!

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

Showcase

YouTube’s Unfair changes

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

Arts & Entertainment

Siblings?

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

Checked

Homework Load Article

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

News

Neil Gorsuch

• Ligue 1’s Best Team

EMS SWAGGY SHOES OF THE WEEK

Top 10 most expensive houses in the world

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
Ligue 1’s Best Team