Microsoft’s Surface Arc: An Overshadowed Business/Casual Mouse

As many of you probably know, the Microsoft Surface Laptop just released. A video came out on Microsoft’s youtube channel, rocketing to the top of the youtube trending list. It’s “compadre,” the Surface Arc mouse, received little hype. This is once again another surprising move by Microsoft. They created a wholly new design.

In my opinion, it’s marketed toward casual users. Many users share an intense hatred towards touchpads. At least, I do. Well, Microsoft made a mouse with a touchpad design. Instead of having two distinct mouse zones, left and right click, it’s just a touchpad.  There is no division between the areas.

Though this may displease some, its portability is unmatched. It can snap and fall flat, fitting into pockets with ease. Their main point is the portability and the “better snap.”

Not only is it portable, it connects through Bluetooth so you can be a couch potato while doing work/procrastinating!  It has Bluetooth 4.0 and can work within 16.4 feet in an office environment, or double in an open space. They also made it only compatible with windows 8 and up, because there are so many pirated versions of windows 7. It is powered by AAA batteries and can last up to 9 months. What do you think about it? Leave a comment below.

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School