Eagles Secure Early Win @Tuxedo Park

Alexandros Paliouras, Reporter

Tuesday, May 2, 2017, marks the first win in the EMS Eagles’ lacrosse franchise history since two years ago. Unfortunately, our Eagles were winless last year; robbed of wins for a whole season, much to the dismay of the players, and Coach Lansdale. EMS secured this win away at Tuxedo Park Academy, usually a difficult task for the Eagles, but with standout performances from key players such as Charles “Chuck-O” Oropeza who scored 6 goals that game and Garo “Swag Master G” Amerkanian who also bagged a hat-trick along with Zeck “The Strikeout King” Davis. I interviewed a few players on the team as well as the coach to get the real info on how this early win might affect our future chances at success.

Interview Questions:

Q: What do you think the team did well on Tuesday?

Garo: Passing

Charlie: Fast breaks

Mr. Niemczyk: We had some good shot placements, good overall passing I was pretty impressed that the team played with focus after getting there late and not having time to warm up, I think our goalie made good saves as well

Q: What do you think the team could improve upon?

Garo: The goalie could get better.

Charlie: Passing.

Mr. Niemczyk: Physicality and confidence, a lot of people make a bad pass or shot and they drop their shoulders and lose focus.

Q: What do you think you, the coach/player, could improve on if anything at all?

Garo: Passing

Charlie: Feeding

Mr. Niemczyk: Nothing, I’m perfect

Q: What are your predictions for the game at Tenafly?

Actual Result: L 8-2

Garo: L 20-0

Charlie: L 2-6

Mr. Niemczyk: W 8-7

Q: Who do you think is the most improved player from last year’s season and why?

Garo: Owen Higgins, because he was bad last year and good this year

Charlie: Owen Higgins, he can actually defend and scoop now
Mr. Niemczyk: Jonathan Jean-Baptiste, he really couldn’t catch or cradle and now he’s pretty solid as well as Paul Yoon, same thing

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
Eagles Secure Early Win @Tuxedo Park