Amazon Released New Echo/Alexa Products

William H. Glasser

On September 27, 2017 Amazon released 6 new Echo/Alexa products. They include the Echo Spot, New Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Connect, Fire TV featuring 4K ultra HD-HDR and Alexa Voice Remote, and the Echo Button. Here is a little more about the new Amazon products.

The Echo Spot is a circular device that acts as an Echo Show, but fitted into a 2.5 inch display. You can set different clock faces and different pictures as a background. It comes in both black and white. In my opinion it looks like an alarm clock. It also has a new type of microphone that can sense your voice from a further distance and with more side noises like music or television. You can also ask it to show you the weather on its screen. The only problem with it is it might be hard to read because of its small screens size. You will be able to receive it on December 19, 2017, and you can pre-order it on Amazon for $129.99.

The New Echo is a sequel to the Echo. The main differences are it costs less than the Echo did, it is shorter, and you can order it with shells to put around it so it suites your room’s style better. These shells consist of charcoal fabric, heather gray fabric, oak finish, sandstone fabric, silver finish, and walnut finish. You can order on amazon now for $99.99.

The Echo Plus is an easy-to-setup smart home hub. It can control light bulbs, cameras, drapery controllers, and locks. It looks like the original Echo, but it comes in three colors. Those colors are black, silver, and white. It ships with a Philips Hue smart bulb so customers can test the idea of a smart home system before they buy any other equipment for their Echo Pluses. It is available now on amazon for $149.99.

The Echo Connect is a phone device. It lets users make calls through their Echo speakers. It is linked to the users phone number so receivers will see a caller ID. it can also call 911 in case of emergencies. It will be released on December 13, 2017, and you can pre-order it on Amazon for $34.99.

The Fire TV featuring 4K ultra HD–HDR and Alexa Voice Remote is a sequel to the original Fire TV. It is amazingly 40% more powerful than the original Fire TV. It works with 4K Ultra HD or HDR compatible TVs. It is $69.99 on amazon and you can bundle it with and Echo Dot (New Echo, but you must hook it up to a speaker. It is $49.99 on amazon) for just $79.99.

The Echo Buttons is an extraordinary new way to use Echo/Alexa. It is a bluetooth connected multi colored LED lit button that controls the functionality of Echo/Alexa. It looks a little like the staples “Easy” button. The Echo Buttons is the first of many soon to be Alexa Gadgets. $20.00 for two products. Its release date is yet to be announced.

In one day Amazon added not one, not two, but six new Echo/Alexa products. However, it seems that the best of these new products is the Echo Spot, because Amazon probably thinks many people will want to buy it because Amazon could sell it for about $75.00 and still make a huge profit. I think you can look for much lower prices in just a few months. The Echo Spot could become more Alexa Gadgets like an Echo Watch, or Echo Glasses. You can look for news about the Echo Watch and/or Echo Glasses during 2018. With these new products, Amazon has an extremely bright future ahead of them.

Sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-are-all-of-the-new-echo-products-amazon-announced_us_59d2fd71e4b043b4fb095c01

https://www.amazon.com

The Student News Site of The Elisabeth Morrow School
Amazon Released New Echo/Alexa Products